Thursday, May 19, 2011

Little Cowgirl Book Club: Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa


This is a series of books (6 so far, I think?) for younger readers that we found at our library. Kate is a working cowgirl on her family's ranch -- which I thought was pretty cool. Her pony, Cocoa, is a bit difficult -- he basically doesn't want to work and likes to eat a lot. But she always convinces him to get back to the job of being a cowpony (he talks to her). Very cute books, but much too young for my little cowgirl. She enjoyed looking through them but was done in a few minutes. I would say they're great picture books for reading aloud, or for early readers to tackle, and for kids at those level she and I definitely recommend them.

Check it out at Amazon; or find it at your local library!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...